Thursday, June 4, 2009

Turnips do NOT survive time travel.

the summer is creeping along! but I get by with a little help from my friends. :)

"If you think of someone's good qualities as the umeboshi in an onigiri, it's as if their qualities are stuck to their back! People around the world are like onigiri. Everyone has an umeboshi with a different shape and color and flavor. But because it's stuck on their back, they might not be able to see their umeboshi. "There's nothing special about me. I'm just white rice." [in her head] That's not true. There is an umeboshi -- on your back. [out loud] Maybe the reason people get jealous of each other, is because they can see so clearly the umeboshi on other people's backs. I can see them, too. I can see them perfectly. There's an amazing umeboshi on your back..."

-Fruits Basket

1 comment:

Lucie Roberts said...

Time-traveler wisdome 8I